Monday, September 01, 2014

Day 9 - Ultrasound and Consult

Day 9 ultrasound revealed only 7 follicles only however all of them were greater than 1 cm. There is one particular follicle that was running way ahead of the group at 1.93 cm. Dr. Lee said that this bigger one may have to be forsaken as it may be too old at the time of OPU and we need to harvest the other 6 that are growing at the same pace. He gave instructions on the medications to inject for the next few days. There is a change in the medications this time. Below are the details:

Day 9 - 75 IU Gonal-F, 2 vials of 75 IU Menopur and 1 vial of 0.25 mg Ganirelix
Day 10 - 2 vials of 75 IU Menopur and 1 vial of 0.25 mg Ganirelix
Day 11 - Ultrasound and tentative trigger shot at 10:00 pm (1 vial of Ovidrel)

Dr. Lee set the tentative Ovum Pick Up (OPU) to Day 13 at 8:00 am. This largely depends on the results of my Day 11 ultrasound. He has not yet ordered any E2 blood test. As Ganirelix need to be administered before 12 pm everyday and we decided to have both Ganirelix and Menopur administered by the nurse at the injection room at Mackay Memorial Hospital.

The bill for this visit is NT$9,729 which is approximately US$326 or CA$354. This amount is all inclusive as indicated in my older posts. We paid the bill and picked up the medications from the injection counter. We then followed the blue line on the floor which led us straight to the injection room. We then drew a number from the machine and waited for our turn. When my turn came, I handed the medications to the nurse. She injected Ganirelix first which was easy breezy then came the Menopur injection. Woahh...!! Menopur SUCKS BIG TIME.......!!! It BURNS...!!! My hats off to all the ladies out there that are taking the Menopur shot everyday for their IVF cycle! I am super dreading the Menopur shot tomorrow! :(

I am also getting anxious that only 7 follicles after 8 days of stims and my mind was starting to fill with all negative thoughts. My hubby and MIL comforted me that I only need one. I feel better that they are so positive and supportive. It is interesting to note that Dr. Lee still thinks we are on track. I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst at this point.

Bring on the Menopur tomorrow...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment