Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Day 11 - Ultrasound and Consult

In the morning, my mom-in-law helped administer my Ganirelix shot at home. After lunch, we went to take the ultrasound at 2:00 p.m. then consulted Dr. Lee. It all went pretty fast. I have 8 follicles now and Dr. Lee confirmed the trigger (2 vials of Ovidrel) will be tonight at 10:00 p.m. and ER (egg retrieval) at 8:00 a.m. on day 13. Dr. Lee thinks the number of follicles is satisfactory. He mentioned that he didn't want to overstimulate as the patient will be in discomfort if there are more than 10 follicles. Honestly, I didn't feel bloated or have any other side effects due to the stims.

He also said that if the embryo is of good quality and developing very well, then they may let it develop to day 5 blastocyst stage for ET and he will only transfer one embryo otherwise he will opt to transfer 2 embryo at day 3. Hence right now, the tentative ET days are either cycle day 16 or day 18. I was then given some forms to sign and had to go pay the bill, take my blood test (E2 and progesterone) and meet the anesthesiologist to do the evaluation. The good news is that I will not have to take PIO (Progesterone in Oil) shots. The nurse mentioned that the PIO has been replaced by Crinone which is just as effective. The IVF lab will provide further instructions on this after ER. On the way out we picked up the trigger shots from the injection pick up counter and went home.

That night I didn't have to go to the hospital for the trigger shots as my mom-in-law helped with that and it didn't hurt one bit. I am getting a bit tired of the shots and was very happy that it is the last of them. Now I'm just waiting for the ovum pick up on day 13. I'm praying for the best.

The bill for this visit was NT$3,112 which is approximately US$104 or CA$113, inclusive of the fee for registration, consult, triggers shots and blood tests.

2 comments:

  1. Nio, I am very happy with your doctor's approach. I agree with him. It is wise to transfer one day 5 embryo. And, quality is important than quantity. I have a very good feeling about your cycle. Good luck for ovum pickup ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Manju! Currently recovering from the ER, post more shortly!

    ReplyDelete