Saturday, July 09, 2016

Embryo Transfer

Just a quick update:

Of the 15 eggs retrieved, 10 were fertilized and we were asked to go to the hospital for ET on D4 post-retrieval (Morula transfer).

Three morulas were transferred back to my uterus. They were graded M1, M2 and M3. The embryologist said that she was afraid there will be nothing left to transfer if we were to wait for Day 5 blastocyst transfer. She said the rest of the embryos weren't developing too well.

Anyway, we called the lab on day 6 and were told there were 3 additional blasts which were frozen, grade: 4BB x 2 and 3BB x 1. I was happy to hear there were frozen embies to use in case this cycle was also a BFN.

The dreaded two week wait began.....

9 comments:

  1. Praying for you! I've also recently started with another IVF cycle in Taichung. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi San,
      Are you currently seeking treatment from Dr Lee, Maw-Sheng in Taichung?

      All the best!

      Delete
    2. Yes I am! Unfortunately, they were only able to retrieve 5 eggs and the doctor wants to do a Preimplantation Genetic Screening and would like more eggs so I'm doing another IVF cycle next month. :)

      Delete
    3. Hi San,
      What's your take on this new doctor? Thanks

      Delete
    4. There are a definitely a lot more patients than in Mackay but I feel that they are more efficient in Lee Women's. I also feel like Dr. Lee Maw-Sheng might have more experience with cases like mine so I'm still very hopeful. :) I'm back in Taichung for my 2nd consecutive IVF cycle. :)

      Delete
  2. Goodluck! We wish you all the best on your IVF procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nionio! Thanks for this great blog. I've been following your updates for sometime already. May I ask what made you decide to transfer to Taichung this time? thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm still in Taipei. I have not switched clinics, just changed from Dr. Lee to Dr. Hwu.

    ReplyDelete