Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The much awaited BFP! (and the surprise that came with it!)

We went to the hospital early to do the beta HCG blood work. After that we went to Starbucks and lingered there for a couple hours before we went back to the clinic. When it was our turn, we went in to check the results of the blood test. I looked at the screen and it was a beta of 237!

I wasn't particularly overjoyed but I did feel a little happy that my beta was positive. I looked at the associate doctor who was in the clinic instead of Dr. Hwu, who is in the ultrasound room. The associate doctor (I will just refer to him as doctor) didn't congratulate me and he was frowning instead, appearing concerned. When he did speak up, he said I had a positive beta but he thinks it's a big too low for D4+14 dPT. He then showed me an excel spreadsheet with the stats and said that usually the beta numbers should be well over 800+. He wanted to me do another blood test after 48 hours to see if it doubles or is 1.66 times the original beta. Well, seriously? I had always thought a positive is positive! How naïve I was!

So we left the clinic with a slip for the second beta hcg test 2 days later.... fingers crossed? I wasn't too sure what to think....

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!!! So happy for you! I pray that your HCG continues to go up and up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awaiting updates!!

    ReplyDelete