Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Egg Retrieval

The egg retrieval was scheduled for 9:30 a.m. which was 34 hours after the trigger shot. I arrived at the operation room at 9:00 a.m. Waited till 9:30 before my name was called and I was led to change into the hospital gown. I waited and waited and waited. I kept looking at the clock.... tick tock tick tock.... hard to stay seated without feeling cold. I was anxious that the 36th hour after administering the trigger shot would pass and all my eggs would just ovulate before being picked up.

11:40 a.m. - Finally my name was called and I was led to the surgery room. They asked me a few questions about previous surgeries, put the IV into my vein, attached the blood pressure monitor belt on my arm and I passed out. When I came around, I was already in the recovery room. I asked how many eggs were retrieved. In total, 15 eggs were retrieved! Hallelujah! I wasn't expecting that number! This was an even better number than IVF#1. I felt happy. My husband was called into the recovery room and he helped me change. As we walked out and were waiting for the elevator, I felt so dizzy and suddenly my whole body went cold and everything went black, I crumbled to the ground. I heard my husband calling out my name from far. Somewhere a nurse came with a wheelchair and wheeled me back to the recovery room where they put me on the bed and an oxygen mask over my nose. I told them I might be low in blood sugar and they just asked me to rest. I rested for 30 more minutes and felt good enough to get out of bed. My husband got food for me and I ate it before we left the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment