Saturday, August 16, 2014

Supplements for infertility

Like every other woman desperate to get pregnant, I too have gone out and bought supplements hoping to get pregnant naturally. I have tried Royal Jelly, Co Q10, Dong Quai (chinese herb for fertility) and a chinese herbal medication from a chinese doctor (朝春中醫診所,王世耀) in Taipei who is well-known for treating infertile women ,especially those afflicted with endometriosis.

Sadly, none of these supplements helped get me pregnant. I personally think a woman should not blindly take any supplement. I think I was stupid to do it, blinded by my desparation to have a baby. The chinese herbs are very potent and should be prescribed by a licensed chinese medicine practitioner. All other natural supplements are best prescribed by a licensed naturopath doctor.

Also, there are a number of scheming business people out there claiming to be able to help women get pregnant within a short time period and asks for payment upfront for their products with a number of testimonials on their websites. These are too hard sell in my humble opinion. I wouldn't dish out a penny for these scammers.

For more information on supplements for IVF and their effects, I found the information on Manju's blog very helpful. I wish I have come across this earlier in my journey.

Update: Please also see my post regaring the BaiFeng Wan supplement for fertility (TCM supplement).
http://littlenionio.blogspot.ca/2014/10/cervicalabdominal-pressure_13.html

No comments:

Post a Comment