Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Premenstrual spotting & feeling sad

Ughh~! Spotting again premenstrually!  I have a 14 day luteal phase and it's only 11DPO now! May be it's just how my body is.
Last Sunday, I attended my nephew's 1-year birthday party and all around me, the young ladies are pregnant!  I was happy for them but inside I was so much in pain! My sister's best friend had been trying for a baby for 2 years and is now 4 months pregnant with a boy. It sure wasn't easy for her to get pregnant but she did get pregnant naturally. All this week I felt down in the dumps, feeling sad for myself. Just today, I happened to watch a TVBS Cantonese drama of this lady who was had lost one of her legs and was having a tough time in life. The people with disabilities need so much courage to carry on living as even the activities of daily living are a challenge. I reminded myself that I need to be thankful for everything and cheer up as the best things in life are free! I happened to think of my mom who had undergone radiation and chemotherapy for cancer treatment and suffers everyday from the side effects of these treatments. She is a survivor! With infertility, at least it is not a life-death situation when the patients chooses to go for treatment or not. Dear Hubby also comforted me that whether or not we have kids is fine. We just need to try. If in the end it doesn't work out positively, we still have each other. Although it is not the first time he has said this but I felt really comforted.
Today I also received an email reply from one of my blog readers! Heavens only know how good I felt to be able to connect! If any of you have any query, please do not hesitate to send me an email at xiaonionio@gmail.com. I appreciate all emails and support.

4 comments:

  1. I am fighting infertility for 6 years and last year I quit my job in the hope that it might help me conceive... but with my luck, here I am at 35 with no job and no baby...i recently had my 3rd IUI and it's day 11 and i feel PMS symptoms.. DH and myself will be crushed if AF shows up this month :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying that your IUI will be successful this time! Please stay positive because that is how we keep going!! Good Luck!! I have quit my job for a year and still have no baby too and I'm 35 as well. As long as you can afford, these are the golden baby making years, please do not lose hope. Try to relax and take it easy on yourself for now. Do the things that makes you happy. Lots of baby dust and love, Nio.

      Delete
  2. And AF showed up :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not be disheartened! Everything happens for a reason. Just think that it's just not time yet for your little one to arrive in your lives. I understand how depressing this is. Cry yourself out and then pick yourself up and start out again! You can do it! Please also consider IVF as you are already 35. Trust me, you will have a baby eventually. Believe in it! Lots of hugs, Nio

      Delete